- This event has passed.
Malbec Masters, A Tale of Two Valleys
October 15 @ 2:30 pm - 4:30 pmFree
Jose Gallante, Chief Winemaker for Bodegas Salentein in Argentina’s Uco Valley, can credibly lay claim to putting Malbec on the world wine map. His 35 year stay at Bodegas Catena Zapata saw the rise of this Bordeaulais minor player into a global red powerhouse. Now Head Winemaker at Bodegas Salentein for the last decade, “Pepe” continues to craft a consistently level of a highly regarded red and white wines; earning Salentein the status as “First Growth Estate” by Master of Wine, Tim Atkin.
Second only to Mendoza’s Uco Valley in terms of reputation for quality, the upstart Pedernal Valley in San Juan is producing some amazing, flinty Malbecs in its own right. The Pyros Collection from Salentein highlights the unique terroir of Pedernal.
In this intimate structured tasting Gallante’s Head of Luxury Wine Sales Matias Bauza will present a range of Salentein’s single vineyard Malbecs from unique sites in the Uco and Pedernal valleys to highlight the nuances of these unique terroirs. Focus wines include:
- La Pampa Single Vineyard Malbec, 93 points, Wine Enthusiast
- San Pablo Single Vineyard Malbec, 95 points, Tim Atkin
- El Tomillo Single Vineyard Malbec, 93 points, Robert Parker
- Numina Grande Corte Red Blend, 92 points Wine Enthusiast
- Pyros Barrel Selected Malbec, Pedernal Valley, 93 points, Tim Atkin
For the most current list of LCBO locations where this product is available for sale consult lcbo.com