- This event has passed.
Bodegas Roda: A Rioja Icon Is Born
February 25, 2019 @ 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm$125
When Internationally renowned wine critic James Suckling rated Roda I 2011 98 points and named it the 2nd best Spanish Red of 2018 it came as both a delight and frankly . . . not much of a surprise. At Azureau we have witnessed the emergence of Roda as what can only be called a modern Icon winery from Rioja, Spain over the last five years. With Roda and La Horra (Ribera Del Duero) wines routinely rated 95 points and above by Suckling, Parker and Decanter, the consistency of excellence has been established.
Join winemaker and Roda brand ambassador Maria Santolaya in this vertical tasting of five vintages of Roda and La Horra wines. Each flight of wine will be paired expertly by Reverie at the Park Chef Jeff Edwards.
Menu, Seven Courses of Shared Plates.
- Foie mousse, chive, sesame
- Smoked tartare, 63* truffle confit yolk
- Black cod roulee, soffrito risotto
- Black garlic tagliatelle, wild mushroom, black truffle, smoked cream
- Seared duck breast, cauliflower purée, Confit hazelnut, seasonal vegetables
- 60 day dry aged strip, potato fondant, grilled celery, confit tomato
- Soy chocolate Black Forest brûlée
- Apertif: Mont Ferrant L’Americano Cava
- Flight One: Roda Reserva 2014, Roda I 2007, Roda I 2011
- Flight Two: Corimbo 2013, Corimbo I 2011, Corbimbo I 2013
For the most current list of LCBO locations where this product is available for sale consult lcbo.com